Thursday, February 21, 2008

Uncomfortably numb (woke up and it was a SC morning...)

Hey, who says you have to sleep more than 2 hours per day? Who came up with that? Biology? Medicine? They're all about exceptions to the rule and I guess I am one.

It's a good thing, this insomnia. For each trashy tv cable channel there are 100 downloadable arousing ones and 1,000 memorable songs you had not been keeping in your memory for too many years and even the odd quality blogger blogging on a time zone that suits my current state of awareness (high-ish)

So... Beer Bad? Sure. Vodka? Not at all. If it's Swedish, at least.

So am I writing a drunkard's rant? Not exactly, so it doesn't quite live up to Hemingway/Woolf/Pessoa/(shh... or even Kerouac) standards. It's the way of my life, not living up to standards. I embrace that. I'll set up my own standards and have my own values. Cheap and obnoxious, that almost for sure. But at least combined in a unique Anglo-Lusophone way.

So I have this one poem (by myself, hooray for me! - search for my published books at librarything, only place I ever found them "out there"...) and this one song by my bronze medal Canadian of all eras ;) Can't take any of the credit for that, but can at least remind myself that I used to have impeccable taste in poetry and a slight aversion to covers.


so here goes

a)


I don't trust you to keep promises made
when budding buds of May were all the rage
But I dream of a nocturnal secluded glade
where any child of the Universe comes of age

That age being unfamiliar to dictionaries
not part of any language's vocabulary
Just an age of jaded innocence
and boundless tries at living life right
but only until you realize if it's hurting you and scarring you
it's not effortlessly blood that's running through your veins
nor anything remotely like love
your heart is pumping into your stream

That, there, right then
Is the time to pause
and fall in love with yourself, as you always did
for any distant lost cause

We are Art speaking unto Art
Flawed Icons and Breakable Gods

We are one
I am many

All is done


b)




Leonard Cohen - Chelsea Hotel No. 2



No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker